Fresh Summer Appetizer Bursting with Flavor
- Mortar & Pestle
- Cutting Board
- Large Serving Spoon
- Whole 3 Avocados Choose Avocados that you can dent with your thumb without much pressure
- Whole 8 Sweet Cherry Tomatoes Homegrown are always the berst. But, If you don't have access to them, then find the sweetest cherry tomatoes available for the season and quarter them.
- Each 1 Fresh Lime You may adjust the flavor by adding as much fresh lime juice as you desire. I would advise you to use fresh squeezed rather than bottled lime juice.
- 1 1/4 Sweet Onion Adjust the amount of onion to your taste. Also you can omit the onion and use onion powder for a milder taste.
- Whole 1 Jalapeno Pepper Chop the pepper small. You may use whatever type of pepper you prefer and the amount of pepper that you desire. To make your guacamole more spicy add some seeds from the core.
- Pinch Salt To your taste.
- Pinch Fresh Ground Black Pepper To your taste.
- Halve each avocado lengthwise, and remove the pit. Then, using your large serving spoon scoop the meat out of the hard avocado shell, and place it in a bowl.
- Using a fork or potato masher, smash the avocados in the bowl. A handy tool available in the store is a stone mortar and pestle. This makes mashing and mixing the ingredients very easy.
- Toss in the sweet cherry tomatoes which you have already quartered..
- After you have chopped your peppers, throw them in the bowl with the avocados and tomatoes.
- Your finely chopped sweet onion will now be added to the mortar & pestle/bowl.
- As a final step add the lime juice, salt, and pepper to your desired taste.
- Using a fork or the mortar mix and match all of these ingredients very well.
You might notice that I have not mentioned Cilantro. I do not use much Cilantro. But, When I do incorporate it; I only use fresh product(rather than dried). Typically I don’t use it a lot because truthfully those I typically serve are not big fans of its flavor. You certainly may use it in this recipe as it adds a great depth of flavor. Buy fresh cilantro and cut the leaves off of the stems. Use the leaves to flavor the guacamole to your taste.
[wpurp-searchable-recipe] – – , ; – – Appetizer – Mexican – Recipes[/wpurp-searchable-recipe]